Thursday, January 30, 2014

LungLeavin' Day Heather Von St. James 2 February 2014

Please take a moment to open the link below and read this brave warrior Heather Von St. James story and inspiration for LungLeavin' Day (2 Feb 2014) wonderful and very emotional day with very special meaning.  Below is the email that I received from Heather's lovely husband Cameron.
 
My name is Cameron Von St. James and I am reaching out to you to share something very special to me. I found your blog while searching for those who have overcome obstacles in life. I noticed that openly acknowledge it and I was wondering if you’d be willing to help me with a cause that means a lot to me!
 
Eight years ago, my wife Heather was diagnosed with mesothelioma.  She had just given birth to our daughter Lily, and was only given 15 months to live.  After a life saving surgery that included the removal of her left lung, LungLeavin’ Day was born.  This will be the 8th year that we celebrate!
 
The purpose of LungLeavin’ Day is to encourage others to face their fears!  Each year, we gather around a fire in our backyard with our friends and family, write our biggest fears on a plate and smash them into the fire.  We celebrate for those who are no longer with us, for those who continue to fight, for those who are currently going through a tough time in their life, and most importantly, we celebrate life! 
 
This year, we are asking bloggers to participate and spread the word about LungLeavin’ Day.  We created an interactive page that tells the full story of our special day here: http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/lungleavinday/ 
 
We hope you will check it out and share it on your blog.  It would mean so much to Heather and I!
 
Thank you so much,
Cameron
 
Heather's Family

No comments:

Post a Comment