Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lou is coming to Washington for ADAO's Asbestos Awareness Conference

 I am going to Washington!  Below is the recent announcement released in a statement by Linda Reinstein, Co-Founder/CEO at Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO)

'I am so excited to announce that Lou Williams will be attending the 10th Annual ADAO International Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization Asbestos Awareness Conference on April 4 – 6, 2014 in DC!!! ADAO sends our sincere thanks to the Asbestos Safety & Eradication Council for funding Lou's flight to Washington, DC. Geoff Fary and Peter Tighe. Together, change is happening and I believe in magic!!♥ Ellen Tunkelrott
A big thank you to Linda Reinstein, ADAO and the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Council in Australia for believing in me - I am just so so thrilled to be coming and to feel well enough to make it!

Last year I was honoured to be part of the Bernie Banton Foundation team to attend the 9th Annual ADAO Asbestos Awareness Conference.  To be asked back there is a great honour for me and especially as I am feeling really well and able to fly!   Now that funding has been received, I have been busy making plans to book airfares for my sister in law who will accompany me over there and myself.   It has been quite difficult to book flights to suit, given the short time frame of just one month before we leave.  Finally as of yesterday we are booked and confirmed on flights and will leave here on 2 April and arrive in Washington on 2 April!   The flight to Los Angeles (LAX) airport will be just on 15 hours, a wait of 6 hours then fly to Washington on a flight of 6 hours.  I had thought of a stopover on the way to rest and break the long flight however there were no flights the day before that suited so that is why we are flying on 2 April and arriving for the conference on 2 April due to the time difference.

Linda has forwarded my schedule for the conference - I am looking forward to being busy!  It is going to be a full on conference and very well planned with excellent speakers as well - more on the conference later.  This conference is a very powerful way for all to come together on a global scale in unity and raise asbestos awareness, advocacy and education.

What a wonderful and powerful warrior Mavis Nye from UK is!  Mavis you are an amazing warrior!   Here is some of what Mavis has been up to this week.

25/02/2014 - UNITED KINGDOM
BLOG: LIVING WITH MESOTHELIOMA - My Diary
'History was made yesterday with Lord Saatchi presenting his First Google hangout of The Innovation Bill and I was on the Panel’

There are some brave warriors who are doing it tough at the moment - including - Damon, Ian, Steve and Michael - myt heart goes out to them and may they be on the road to recovery soon.

We are still in Tasmania - today we had a working bee in the garden and again tomorrow a big job.  A digging machine arrived this morning early as we are putting in a retaining fence with treated railway sleepers (not containing asbestos) and a driveway.  Plus tidying and weeding the garden that is quite overgrown.
A walk on the beach later this evening was a must before a warm shower to wash off all the day's dirt and hard work that we all contributed to.

On that note I will say good night and be up early tomorrow morning for another day's working bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment