Thursday, April 18, 2013

This week catching up with friends, family and those whose lives have been touched by asbestos.

This week has flown!  Monday I caught our great country train to Melbourne then the suburban train to stay with Keith's sister (Linda) and husband for the night, also caught up for a chat/coffee with my sister who is not very well at the moment.

Tuesday into the city, lunch with Linda - a French mini high tea at a Chinese cafe!!!  As it was Linda's birthday recently and mine TOMORROW we both paid for each other's high tea as a gift.

I then went to see an elderly neighbour Marya in hospital, who fell down an escalator recently.  She arrives home today on a walking frame.  Her and husband Ian are moving home after 40 yrs this week.  Then I caught the tram/train to stay with my daughter Jo, David and little grandkids (Ruby/Henry) for the night.  Weds morning a visit to the park and little cafe there with Jo and kids, before catching a train and bus to a hospital and while there caught up with a beautiful lady and her gorgeous family while she was having chemo for mesothelioma treatment.  Rod and Karen my dear friends and (Bernie Banton Foundation) joined me there.  It was great to connect with this family who are just trying to stay sane through the helplessness of the situation.  Just to have support, and us to reach out to them and know that they are not on their own is so important.  I hate to think of those families who we cannot reach out to due to them and just getting lost in the trauma of diagnosis and treatment without ever getting the support that they so need.

After my visit, a bus then country train home after 3 wonderful and busy days in Melbourne.

Thursday I spent at my elderly neighbour's home packing a few boxes of their personal items, then putting some of their furniture on freecycle and gumtree websites - I have found homes for most of the items.

Today we are going out for a coffee, pickup our post box mail and also a parcel that is waiting for me at the post office!  As tomorrow is my birthday - I wonder what it will be!

Warm and sunny day here, a good day to do some outside stuff like gardening, bringing some firewood up to the veranda for the cold nights ahead.

My heart goes out to those mesothelioma warriors who are doing it tough both here in Oz and around the world - I love you all and am holding your hand all the way.

Luv and hugs Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment