Monday, July 8, 2013

Another beautiful moment in my life! Monday 5 July 2013

Last night I coaxed Keith into coming along to see Engelbert at Hamer Hall, Melbourne!
 
'The King of Romance Engelbert Humperdinck returned to Australia on his Greatest Hits & More tour, performing concerts for romantics young and old.
The consummate entertainer, with an instantly recognisable voice has released over eighty albums of tender ballads including his 1967 signature tune, Release Me (And Let Me Love Again).  
Performing a brand new show on his Greatest Hits & More tour, Engelbert will debut a virtual duet with Elton John and perform other material from his upcoming Duets album.  Alongside these new hits, you'll be entertained by old favourites,  Release Me (And Let Me Love Again), Spanish Eyes, There Goes My Everything, The Last Waltz, Am I That Easy To Forget, A Man Without Love, Les Bicyclettes de Belsize, Quando, Quando, Quando, After The Lovin, Ten Guitars, Winter World of Love, The Way It Used To Be and more.'

This will be the 5th Engelbert concert that I have seen in Australia and each concert I have just loved!  Last night sitting there listening and seeing this beautiful showman strut his music and moves (not bad for a 77 year old guy!).  I first fell in love with his music and songs when I was 17 yrs old at Hawthorn Town Hall, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and was dancing a waltz to the tune of 'The Last Waltz' one of Engelbert's beautiful songs.  Last night I sat there and closed my eyes and thought to myself I just want to hold on to this very special moment in time, it was magical and to think 3 years ago I had no idea that I would be seeing another of his concerts!  This is what will be played at my funeral!  I am sure some people laugh at me and think I am old fashioned because I love Engelbert and his music, however to experience his concerts and the music is such beautiful therapy and the words have so much love in them.

By the way, Keith actually loved the show and the music too!

Late yesterday afternoon, the radiologist's secretary rang to arrange an appointment to view my recent scans with him, probably tomorrow morning in his rooms rather than wait until the end of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment