Sunday, November 3, 2013

In between chemo weeks!

Last Tuesday chemotherapy was cancelled due to bloods being down again.  12 November will be my next chemo date for 2 doses (gemcidibine/carboplatin) and most probably a PET/CT scan will be arranged when I see the oncologist on that day for later in the week to see what the state of play is at the moment with the chemo.  This chemo regime commenced early August 2013.  My hair is getting thin and leaving hair on my pillow, floor and clothing.  My energy levels are down however I am OKAY!  As for pain - I have no pain and am taking no medication in between chemo!  I seem to be in a bubble waiting to pop!   The reminder of reality that I am having chemo and fighting for my life is my PICC line in my arm lol.

Sat 26 October we attended the wedding of my brother Chris and his beautiful partner Cheryl.  The setting for the wedding was at Rye, Victoria - a garden themed wedding and one that was just beautiful thanks to their friends for hosting it at their property.   Chris and Cheryl have just returned home from their honeymoon in Sydney.  Friday night they were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time ... they saw the launch of Asbestos Awareness Month for November, saw the key speaker Don Burke and also watched the beautiful sails of the Opera House turn blue for mesothelioma.  Having Asbestos Awareness Month happen is so important for me to see in my lifetime.  

As it is not recognised as yet on a national state by state scale, I embrace Asbestos Awareness Month as at the moment all we have in Australia is the last week in November as Asbestos Week. The majority of people by then are in Christmas wind down holiday mode and not really interested in anymore awareness days/weeks of any description. Having a month of asbestos awareness in my opinion, makes much more sense. Bring on next year and a nationally recognised Asbestos Awareness Month! Also with my campaign/petition to have September 26th recognised as a National Mesothelioma Day would be terrific to see in my lifetime.  This would then become a global Mesothelioma Day celebrated on 26 September!

We have lost more warriors to this deadly mesothelioma cancer since my last blog.  All put up a brave fight and have left behind loved ones who now have to pick up the pieces and make sense of their lives without their loved one thanks to deadly asbestos!

Charlie caught another bunny the other day while we were at the wedding.  Our very kind neighbour found it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment