Thursday, February 7, 2013

After one lost blog of a couple of year's ago I have finally started a new one and this is my first entry!  Every morning when I wake up and ask myself what is on my list of things to do today - make a blog pops up always and I remind myself 'today is the day'!  However up until now it has been in the too hard basket.

Not sure what I will write in this blog as so much has happened over the last few years, in particular with mesothelioma and asbestos.  Random thoughts I will jot down from time to time and try to put dates to these thoughts.  Depending on how exhausted I am will also determine how much blogging that I do.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you happen to read this blog.

A slow start for today - I woke at 7am and couldn't lie in bed any longer, got up, fed our beautiful siamese cat Charlie with his brekkie (free range chicken that he loves), made a cuppa of green tea and toast for myself then sat in the comfortable chair/lounge room and watched an hour of the Today Show on TV to get the latest headlines and also see if it will be a high fire danger day here - yes it is a high fire danger day here with winds expected to turn around later today.  Luckily there are not major outbreaks of fires close by, although there have been a few started by 'nutters' - most of these have been able to be contained thanks to the dedication of our CFA (Country Fire Association) members and volunteers.

I am still on this computer at 10am!  The time goes so quickly when I am on here, checking facebook, emails, replying to emails etc - all of which I love doing.  Shower time now, a drive up to Mt Macedon and the general store/cafe/post office to get our post box mail and no doubt stop and have a chat/coffee with friends while sitting outside under the shade of the beautiful Silver Birch trees watching the antics of the black birds pecking the ground for any crumbs of food they can scrounge, plus watching the wonderful display of old cars/bikes head up the Mount (Mount Macedon Road).

Later today - depending on whether it is safe to return home or if we need to evacuate due to the high fire warning will determine what the day brings!

Have a nice day/evening.

Lou

2 comments:

  1. Great Lou, at last you have started again. I hope you keep it up as you are so positive and I truly think you are a remarkable and strong person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, U too are a very remarkable and strong beautiful person x

      Delete