Monday 2nd December 2013 Keith and myself hosted the Bernie Banton Foundation Christmas party at our home. It was a very warm day although as our home is cool inside it was a perfect temperature to mingle and enjoy the beautiful Christmas surroundings, table setting and of course everyone who attended. Altogether 16 in total making it a lovely number to sit at one long table rather than 2 or more tables spread out in our kitchen.
Mid morning there was a fire alert on Mt Macedon directly across from our property we could see the flames high in the air, about 7 firetrucks were called out - winds were starting to get up ... however all under control within about half an hour thank goodness. Keith followed our fire drill/ringing around neighbours in our area and being on alert. If the winds had of turned in our direction and the fire coming straight towards us then we were all on high alert to get in our cars and GO! Luckily this did not happen and we all enjoyed our Christmas luncheon with carols playing in the background and a visit from Santa with a jovial word for everyone and a present for the good boys and girls! Early ADSVIC (Asbestos Diseases Victoria) members were also present making it a wonderful get-together. Times like this are what keep me going - I am so glad that I was well enough to host this event at our home - I love the preparations and making it special for everyone to enjoy the surroundings and each other's company. Mind you I was slightly exhausted the next day but so happy I was able to do it!