Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Australia’s 1st International Conference on Asbestos Awareness and Management

http://www.gban.net/2014/09/16/posted-on-september-15-2014-i-am-so-excited-to-announce-that-the-asbestos-safety-and-eradication-agency-is-hosting-the-inaugural-international-conference-on-asbestos-awareness-and-management-2014-in/
I am so excited to announce that the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency is hosting the inaugural International Conference on Asbestos Awareness and Management 2014 in Melbourne, Australia, to be held on 16 to 18 Nov 2014. Further details and registration on the website.
As the Global Ban Asbestos Network Director for Australia and a Mesothelioma Warrior, the 1st International Asbestos Conference in Australia is monumentally important to me.
Since my father, Norman Heritage, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 1985 at the age of 54, I have believed in raising awareness and helping in unity to help ban asbestos on a global scale.
Barry and Lou
ADFA members, Hon Lisa Singh, Lou Williams, Kat Burge AVA member
Through my blog, Asbestos – Living with Mesothelioma in Australia, I have been passionate and dedicated in raising asbestos awareness, advocacy and support both in Australia and globally.
When I get asked my secret for surviving with mesothelioma. I always say “follow your dreams.”
This International Asbestos Conference in Australia is the realisation of a dream for me. I have been fighting to raise awareness of asbestos disease for many, many years now. I am very grateful to the Australian government for taking the lead on such an important issue.  Australia has one of the highest incidence rates of mesothelioma in the world. (Leigh & Driscoll 2002)
So, to all my Meso Warrior friends: Keep following your dreams! And keep living in the moment, whether faced with treatment, scanxiety (waiting for results), pottering with every day life – enjoying family and friends, holidays…  No use worrying about what the long-term future will be. No one knows that, so let the big picture take care of itself. Let the universe take care of that for you!
See you all in Australia in November!
Lou
Lou Williams, GBAN Australian National Director


No comments:

Post a Comment